Testing a New Floating Dog Toy!
We’ve not had much of a summer here in London so far. But there was one day of sunshine last week so I asked if we could go to the park and try out my new water toy. You see, I was really excited about my new Kong Wet Wubba because I’ve never owned a floating dog toy before. My human was really curious if I’d like to play with it as she’s always a little worried I might choke on the sticks I find by the lake. She also likes to take me swimming when its hot outside as my mountain dog coat is way too hot for walkies and games of fetch in the sun.
I ran through the testing criteria in my head before we finally arrived by the lake (those human legs are really slow!) and summed up the things that are really important for me in a dog toy:
- Will it be good for a game of fetch? If yes, then I’m in.
- Will it break if I bite it? If yes, then I’m interested, but my human won’t let me play with it.
- Can I shake it? If yes, then I’ll be bouncing with anticipation.
- Does it have flappy bits that will whack me over the head when I shake it? If yes then its getting really interesting and I won’t take my eyes off it until I get get my paws on it.
- Will the other dogs get jealous when they see it? I like to be the coolest and most popular pup in the park so a cool toy that will make the labradors jealous is always a bonus.
- Does it float? Rooo a toy that I can play with in the water would tick all my boxes!
And then the fun part started – testing my new toy!
The toy flew through the air and the orange colour was really easy to spot as it splashed into the water. I grabbed one of the flappy bits and gave it a good shake! Alright, I might have shaken it quite a lot – but you can never be too sure about new toys. You must always shake them until you are absolutely certain they are stone dead.
I’ve only used the toy one time so far, and its still looking brand new (apart from a little mud from the lake!). I know many toys that won’t even last five minutes of my testing so I’d say its looking pretty durable too so far! Don’t believe me? Check out the video and you’ll see my rigorous testing process! *Waggy tail*
PS. I’ve not been paid for this review, and my humans bought this toy themselves. But if you’d like to buy the toy from any of the links in this blog post then I’d earn a few cents towards my toy fund! *Waggy tail*